10 Important Life Lessons Elle Woods Taught Us
With two films, a live stage show and a (questionable) spin-off, Legally Blonde is the ultimate girly cult classic, and a favourite of 20-something females everywhere. If you’ve ever watched Legally Blonde and felt a powerful urge to dress head-to-toe in hot pink, grab the nearest Chihuahua you can find, and head to the local library to learn the ins and outs of criminal law then you’re not alone. Here are 10 important life lessons we’ve learned from Elle Woods.
1) That you can still get manicures and have a brain at the same time
Because what better way to celebrate your intelligence and hard-work than with a fresh pair of acrylics?
2) That you should always embrace the power of pink
Orange is not, and never will be the new pink, and everybody knows it.
3) That eating an entire box of chocolates in bed is perfectly acceptable
That’s what Sundays are for, right?
4) That you should never be with a boy who doesn’t like you for who you are
You’re fab, and if he doesn’t appreciate your contour skills and love of pink faux fur accessories then he’s not worth it.
5) That exercise is the key to happiness
Exercise releases endorphins that make you happy, and happy people don’t murder their husbands. It’s simple, really.
6) That if you want something, never stop till you get it
Work, work, work till you reach your goals, and don’t let anything get in the way.
7) That dogs are people too
Your dog is just as worthy of a cute little outfit, star sign and dietary requirements as any human. It’s what they deserve for being so adorable.
8) That you should never underestimate your extensive hair and beauty knowledge
You know that you just can’t shower after you get a perm; one of the many facts that could come in handy one day.
9) That you should never back out of a fancy dress invitation
Fancy dress is the best opportunity to wear bunny ears and faux fur, and should be missed for nothing.
10) That the simplest dating advice comes in the form of two little words
When in doubt, remember to bend and snap for a 98% success rate, and when used appropriately, an 83% likelihood of a dinner invitation.