So its about time you graduated university and entered the big wide world of work!
Here are 8 things you need to be aware of before you take on the challenge!
1. Sitting around in the same hoodie for 3 days is no longer acceptable. You have to get up and get dressed and seize the day! Or so people keep telling you.
2. You’re going to be asked at least 3000 times whether you have a job or career plans and the answer is always going to be the same….NOOOOOO!! Get off my back I want to go to the Raz and pretend I’m still a student.
3. Sleep is going to be something of the past! No more afternoon naps in the middle of the day! Or staying up until 4am to binge watch whatever new series you can get your hands on.
4. Your friends are all growing up with cars and babies and you’re still moping round with a cheesey wotsit stuck to your face and 2 day old pizza in your bedroom.
5. Moving back home comes with the inevitable parental moaning……”tidy your room”…..”wash your dishes”…..”are you getting dressed today”. Don’t do it!
6. Applying for a job is quite possibly the most painful thing in the world. I have a degree just pleaseeeeeeee take me on!
“Job Specification: You must have 7 years experience, 3 nobel prizes and an MBE”.
And that’s just for cleaning the toilets!!!
7. Daydreaming is not acceptable in the workplace! No matter how much time you managed to spend daydreaming through your lectures you just won’t get away with it at work!
8. Coffee is your new best friend. Even if you don’t drink coffee you will find yourself on the brew round in no time!
And even after twenty odd years of education you’ll need all the coffee you can get now that your in the real world……