5 Signs You’re Dating A Fuckboy
Welcome to 2018; where relationships are forged via an app, fuckboys roam freely in the wild and you’re never more than 3 feet away from a poorly-lit dick pic.
By nature, fuckboys are much easier to spot from afar – when your friend is dating one, for example – than when you’re up close and personal with one. And, if you’ve played the dating game for a while, you’ll know that fuckboys are as common as a Fiat 500 in a Starbucks car park, but that doesn’t spot us from hoping that the next Tinder match is going to be different.
As seasoned veterans, we know that the key to finding ‘the one’ in a sea of hook ups is identifying the fuckboy signs early on. So, if you’re unsure, keep your eyes peeled for the following:
1. He conveniently doesn’t respond, or even read, your messages during the prime date hours of 7-midnight. He claims it’s because he’s been busy, but in reality it’s because his phone is hidden while he’s Netflix and chilling with another girl
2. While we’re on the subject of phones; his WhatsApp seems to be blowing up while you’re together, but he doesn’t once look at the messages – in fact, he actively turns his phone upside down.
3. If you check in somewhere on Facebook with him, he never accepts the tag. But he’ll happily ask you to take a photo of him on his own to upload. It gets 12 likes, all off girls, even though his hair looks shit. (Side note. Don’t go and facebook-stalk these girls and compare yourself to every one of them. He’s not worth it.)
4. He often suggests hanging out, but doesn’t propose and actual date and never texts to follow up. If, (after running it past three WhatsApp groups first, obviously) you decide to ask if you’re still on, he’s just says, “sure what you wana do?”
5. He “doesn’t believe in labels”. This is the penultimate fuckboy phrase, and what it really means is he doesn’t want you to know where you stand. He wants to just keep having his cake and eating it, without actually committing because, that way, when everything falls apart, he doesn’t have to be responsible for your feelings. After all, “we were never officially together…”
If he ctick two or more of these boxes, it looks like you’ve got a fuckboy on your hands, girl. Get rid, and love yourself!